Wednesday 7 July 2010

Tired Pony - The Place We Ran From - out July 12th

Saddle up, boys - it's almost time for Tired Pony's album, The Place We Ran From, to hit the stands. This has got to be the supergroup of our generation, surely. Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody takes the kudos for putting together an enviable team of main protagonists, with even more special guests adding to the talent.

Richard Colburn, drummer from Belle & Sebastian, adds to the musical showcase, with Snow Patrol collaborator Iain Archer also on the credits. Producer and remixer Jacknife Lee, REM guitarist and co-founder Peter Buck and REM collaborator Scott McCaughey are also amongst the confirmed contributors.

If you're a Spotify Free user, you've probably heard Tired Pony in your adverts recently - and if you're a Spotify Premium user, you can already hear the album. The rest of us will just have to pre-order and wait for July 12th.

High Points

OK, I might be getting ahead of myself here, but with Zooey Deschanel on the list of contributors, I think I know what my personal high point will be. I know she's a proper musician and everything - really, I do - but personally I was smitten when she sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town in Elf. Does that make me a bad person?

The Verdict

Yeah, so this part's tricky - we're just gonna have to wait and see. We're still waiting to get our hands on a copy here at Popsiculture, although obviously you'll be first to know what we think when we do. Signs are looking good for this one so far though - the talent's definitely there, so hopefully we've finally got a supergroup worth getting behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment