Saturday 29 January 2011

Singles Round Up: Jessie J and B.o.B

A bit of a new feature for Popsiculture today as Bobble and I cast our eyes (and more importantly our ears) over the single releases for the week. Our single of the week to be released on 30th January 2011 is Price Tag, the new track from hot properties Jessie J and B.o.B.

Jessie J and B.o.B - Price Tag
Bobble: The BBC's Sound of 2011 winner (as predicted by POPSICULTURE's Dansquad) teams up with B.o.B on a near-anthemic track that's both laid back and kinda sweet. Not my genre of choice but I like to think that makes it mean all the more when I actually like a song - and I do like this one. Looks like the Beeb got it right this time around.
>> Jessie J on iTunes


Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris - Tonight
Dan: That old romantic Enrique Iglesias has fallen in with the wrong crowd on this new collaboration with Ludacris. An otherwise forgettable club track is only given interest by the Andy Gray-esque chorus of "Please excuse me I don't mean to be rude, but tonight I'm fucking you". The Single includes Tonight (I'm Fucking You) and the radio edit Tonight (I'm Loving You).
>> Enrique Iglesias ft Ludacris - Tonight on iTunes

Barbarellas - Body Rock
Bobble: I loved B*Witched and it's great to see the girls releasing new material - even if it is only Edele and Keavy. Sadly I don't think this has the same distinctive personality that B*Witched always had - hopefully their next effort will be better. The video's kinda cool though.
>> Barbarellas - Body Rock on iTunes

B.o.B. - I'll Be In the Sky
Dan: Okay, I'm biased, I didn't particularly expect to, or want to like this, but B.o.B. certainly has a sort of madcap, cartoonish charm about him, and this re-release of one of his back catalogue shows him on good form. Not as commercial as his first few mega-hits, I'll Be In The Sky is a song to chill to.
>> B.o.B. - I'll Be In the Sky on iTunes

The Streets - Going Through Hell
Dan: Mike Skinner jumped the shark a long time back as far as I'm concerned, after building up a massive following and a degree of critical success on his first two albums, he is now largely ignored in favour of the Tinie Tempahs and Chipmunks of this world. For good reason too, Skinner is annoying, his material is dated, and ultimately a bit shit.
>> The Streets - Going Through Hell EP on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment