Sunday 2 December 2012

Dec 2nd: Eugene McGuinness - Sugarplum

Our second Advent Calendar post is Eugene McGuinness's Sugarplum, due out on December 10th, but here for you to preview below.

It's a punchy track with good development and, according to several commenters so far, a particularly good ending.

We'll let you decide what you think of it...


I'm in two minds on this one; I certainly don't think it's a bad song, and I love the punchy backing music and the catchy chorus.

There's just something in the verses that doesn't quite do it for me - although not to such an extent that I haven't listened to it quite a few times already.

Weirdly, I also find Sugarplum strangely reminiscent of Walk Like A Panther by All Seeing I (with vocals by Tony Christie). Obviously it's an up-to-date and much younger equivalent... or perhaps it's my imagination.

Anyway, make up your own mind - and you can find Sugarplum on iTunes via the button below.

Sugarplum - The Invitation to the Voyage (Bonus Track Version)

You can keep up to date with our Advent Calendar posts via RSS here.

No comments:

Post a Comment